Cooking is something I enjoy doing. But it´s not always I have the energy to be creative. With my man out of the house at the moment means that I´m alone at dinner, and to cook for one I find boring.
Then I cook because I have to, and it need to go fast. My absolute favorite healthy fast food is porridge. It works for breakfast, lunch as well as dinner and all you need is less than 10 minutes to have it ready.
A favorite of mine is the one with sliced banana and homemade almond butter.
To make Almond butter is very easy. Here is the recepie from the cookbook “Velochef”:
500g of almonds
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 pinch of salt
1. Put the oven on 150 degrees.
2. Toast the almonds for 20min.
3. Pour the almonds into a blender while still warm.
4. Add oil and salt and blend it all together on high speed for 5-6 minutes.
5. When creamy pour it into a jar. Lasts 3-4 weeks in the fridge.
In the female peloton #pimpmyporridge is well-known and if you want inspiration for other porridge dishes, give #pimpmyporridge a search on Instagram. I´m sure you will come across many tasty mixes from my fellow cyclists.